So last night after running my car pretty hard on the highway, driving in high rpms the car began to overheat. It went a little over the halfway mark on my temp gauge but it def moved past the normal spot.
Once I saw the needle move I slowed down and started coasting at 65mph at around 3k rpms and the tempture went back down to normal after about 15 seconds.
Heres a few hints that may help you guys figure out what the hell is wrong.
1- I change every 3k miles. However, this time when I changed my oil, I didnt change the filter so, the filter has Bout 5k miles on it at this point.
2- One of my coolant hoses was leaking, so I changed it and there is no more leaks.
3- My radiator is fairly new with about 3k miles on it.
4- My serpentine belt the other day, and the belt was replaced.
5- Car has enough coolant and oil in it.
The car only overheats if I drive it hard. It doesnt overheat when cruising or idiling.
So I have two questions...
1- Even though the car didnt overheat that much, could I still have caused damage to the engine?
2- Why is it overheating?
Once I saw the needle move I slowed down and started coasting at 65mph at around 3k rpms and the tempture went back down to normal after about 15 seconds.
Heres a few hints that may help you guys figure out what the hell is wrong.
1- I change every 3k miles. However, this time when I changed my oil, I didnt change the filter so, the filter has Bout 5k miles on it at this point.
2- One of my coolant hoses was leaking, so I changed it and there is no more leaks.
3- My radiator is fairly new with about 3k miles on it.
4- My serpentine belt the other day, and the belt was replaced.
5- Car has enough coolant and oil in it.
The car only overheats if I drive it hard. It doesnt overheat when cruising or idiling.
So I have two questions...
1- Even though the car didnt overheat that much, could I still have caused damage to the engine?
2- Why is it overheating?
Rx8 Overheating, please help.
0 commentaires:
Enregistrer un commentaire