New member, pretty sure I blew my car up

samedi 10 septembre 2016

I have a 2008 rx8 with 85000 miles. At 70,000 miles the engine was replaced under warranty.

cant post this in any other forum because im new

Recently the check engine light came on, and I assumed it had to do with an oil change, which i did about 1.5 weeks later.

Incredibly stupid mistake 1: I read a guide incorrectly and filled 5qts of oil in the car.

Incredibly stupid mistake 2: I figured out I overfilled but drove for the next 2 days anyway

Incredibly stupid mistake 3: I was at work yesterday and the car was smelling like burned oil/rubber and the car wouldnt start. I thought it was flooded so I followed the deflooding tutorial and the car eventually started and i drove it home. the traction control light came on when i was driving straight. maybe unrelated but probably not

Incredibly stupid mistake 4: i got in the car and it started fine this morning, i made it to petsmart and then when leaving to go to autozone to get the CEL read, the car wouldnt start and theres a puddle of oil on the ground under the engine.

I got it towed home.

there is a small amount of oil in the intake which i read can be caused by overfilling

im going to be trying to fix this myself, so the first thing im going to do is clean the MAF and the filter. the oil says its at 3/4 so im guessing the rest is in the petsmart parking lot....

What possibly could i have done wrong?

spare the idiot comments because trust me i already know

also hi im new here :wavey:


New member, pretty sure I blew my car up

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor