I'm sure all of this information is buried in the STX thread, but I'd like to get some specific feedback. I see some of you reporting weight down into the mid 2700s and I am nowhere near that, even starting with a base model car.
Here's what I have done so far, what am I missing?
Car is a 2007 base model sport package, which is supposed to be 2886 lbs from the factory. I never weighed it in stock trim, so I don't know.
Current weight: 2858 lbs with 1/8th tank of gas.
What I have done so far:
Wheels (15.6ish lbs)
Single exit somewhat lightweight exhaust (Header back)
Intake (Modified AEM to be ST legal)
Plastic engine cover removed
Stock intake system removed
Battery box removed
Washer fluid tank empty
What I know is still missing....
Seats (If able to hit 25lb min with slider, this could save 25 lbs per pair over stock sport seats)
Battery (Current battery is 26lbs, 2 lb LiFe battery could save 23 lbs)
Brakes (2 piece front/rear rotors will save 13.8 lbs, then another lb or two if I upgrade the calipers)
Tires (I'm currently running 255s, going to 245s will save 4lbs)
So with what I know is missing, my theoretical weight is in the 2790s. Where's the other 40+ lbs?
Thoughts/Questions:
Remove the front strut bar? Does it benefit the car enough to offset weight?
I'm running PSS9s. Don't know if these are heavier than stock shocks, but likely lighter ($$$$) options out there. I know just reducing the spring diameter from 70mm to 2.25in (57.2mm) will lighten up the shocks.
I'm currently running a stock rear bar, which weighs nothing and a Hotchkis MX-5 front bar (27mm). Would a 3 piece Speedway set up be any lighter?
What am I missing?
Here's what I have done so far, what am I missing?
Car is a 2007 base model sport package, which is supposed to be 2886 lbs from the factory. I never weighed it in stock trim, so I don't know.
Current weight: 2858 lbs with 1/8th tank of gas.
What I have done so far:
Wheels (15.6ish lbs)
Single exit somewhat lightweight exhaust (Header back)
Intake (Modified AEM to be ST legal)
Plastic engine cover removed
Stock intake system removed
Battery box removed
Washer fluid tank empty
What I know is still missing....
Seats (If able to hit 25lb min with slider, this could save 25 lbs per pair over stock sport seats)
Battery (Current battery is 26lbs, 2 lb LiFe battery could save 23 lbs)
Brakes (2 piece front/rear rotors will save 13.8 lbs, then another lb or two if I upgrade the calipers)
Tires (I'm currently running 255s, going to 245s will save 4lbs)
So with what I know is missing, my theoretical weight is in the 2790s. Where's the other 40+ lbs?
Thoughts/Questions:
Remove the front strut bar? Does it benefit the car enough to offset weight?
I'm running PSS9s. Don't know if these are heavier than stock shocks, but likely lighter ($$$$) options out there. I know just reducing the spring diameter from 70mm to 2.25in (57.2mm) will lighten up the shocks.
I'm currently running a stock rear bar, which weighs nothing and a Hotchkis MX-5 front bar (27mm). Would a 3 piece Speedway set up be any lighter?
What am I missing?
0 commentaires:
Enregistrer un commentaire