Hi guys, I've been browsing rx8club for over a year now but I haven't made any posts yet until i had something helpful to add. Well one year later I finally have enough experience and knowledge to finally contribute.
Anyways my tail light recently died, and I mean the light bulb came loose and while leaning on the socket it melted and dis-formed the plastic around it so I couldn't even remove the bulb from the housing. This is my second pair of tails as the original had the common splits/cracks on the edge of the lens and also were water logged.
I was considering purchasing used '09 up tails from ebay because i got to admit they look absolutely awesome but ebay only had after market ones for $550 and to me they looked cheap and ugly... So i decided I will make completely custom ones from Carbon Fiber!
Now I would love to get some ideas on what design I should make it since I will be keeping the original shape of the tail light so it will be a plug and play design but I wanted to make switch-back LEDs (red-yellow) instead of light bulbs.
I am currently torn between plasma Halos and Lambo style Arrows :wiggle: (see pics)
dual halo
Lambo style tail lights
beautiful comparison on a rx7
Any suggestions are appreciated :)
(Also after i successfully make a set for my 8 and then my lady's 8 i am thinking of offering them to you guys as well if there is demand)
Anyways my tail light recently died, and I mean the light bulb came loose and while leaning on the socket it melted and dis-formed the plastic around it so I couldn't even remove the bulb from the housing. This is my second pair of tails as the original had the common splits/cracks on the edge of the lens and also were water logged.
I was considering purchasing used '09 up tails from ebay because i got to admit they look absolutely awesome but ebay only had after market ones for $550 and to me they looked cheap and ugly... So i decided I will make completely custom ones from Carbon Fiber!
Now I would love to get some ideas on what design I should make it since I will be keeping the original shape of the tail light so it will be a plug and play design but I wanted to make switch-back LEDs (red-yellow) instead of light bulbs.
I am currently torn between plasma Halos and Lambo style Arrows :wiggle: (see pics)
dual halo
Lambo style tail lights
beautiful comparison on a rx7
Any suggestions are appreciated :)
(Also after i successfully make a set for my 8 and then my lady's 8 i am thinking of offering them to you guys as well if there is demand)
0 commentaires:
Enregistrer un commentaire