'04 idle problems

vendredi 17 avril 2015

Hey guys! I bought my first RX-8 about a week ago, and I know very little about rotary engines. Mine is a 2004 Mazda RX-8, six speed.



It ran fine the first day I drove it, got pulled over for not having a tag 15 minutes after I bought it, and I haven't drove it since to avoid being harassed by cops.



I was told to be sure to crank it a little every day and I maybe hadn't cranked it one day.



I finally get the papers switched over and I drove it not even a mile and the car would stall out at every red light (and I had a hard time trying to get it to crank back up as well) even with the clutch pushed down and when I put it in neutral to make sure it was not my foot slipping off the clutch.




After I stopped and waited a minute I popped the hood and tapped the throttle body and it never idled out and ran fine after that.



The smell of gas was pretty strong and it was like the car didn't want to crank back up. Almost as if the engine was flooded with gas.



It needs a little work and I plan for this car to be my daily. Does anyone have any advice or has anyone experienced any issues with the idling or throttle body?




0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor