First off I will explain why im posting here and not the designated area: I do not have enough permission. Yes I have looked up the following countless times.
Ok so I own a 2006 GT trim. 62000KM on her. New engine as of august(Warranty) and I am not new to standard, or drive her incredibly hard.
When shifting from first to second at say about 4000 -4500 RPM the gear grinds. Same thing for 5th but not nearly as bad. I took it into Mazda this week and told them that I suspect it might be the synchros(As I have looked up the best I can) She wrote all my info down and the problems I was having and said she would give me a call. 3 hours later she calls me and says my clutch release bearing is on its' way out. Ok, that's fine I kinda knew that from before but it was a slight whine to it nothing I was concerned with. I went there to pick up the car because she was so convinced that was the answer. I have never experienced bad syncros or a really bad throw out bearing before so I accepted that fact. Paid 100 bucks for them to tell me that. Later during the day when I started to think more and more and more about it and reading online and on here. I can't seem to find my symptoms listed ANYWHERE to point to a bad throw out bearing being the cause of second and fifth gear grinding where it does. It's really bugging me. I knew the bearing is a wear and tear item so it is most defiantly not under warranty but I know the snychros are. I am going to phone again later today to ask if maybe she miss interpreted what I had said. Maybe she thought I said it was making a grinding noise at 4000 rpm not while I was shifting. Anyways, I would love to get someone else to provide me with some answers as I am out of them. I'm actually pretty good with fixing vehicles so I'm not oblivious to the car world and actually know a thing or two. So this is why it's bothering me. My gut says I'm right.
Ok so I own a 2006 GT trim. 62000KM on her. New engine as of august(Warranty) and I am not new to standard, or drive her incredibly hard.
When shifting from first to second at say about 4000 -4500 RPM the gear grinds. Same thing for 5th but not nearly as bad. I took it into Mazda this week and told them that I suspect it might be the synchros(As I have looked up the best I can) She wrote all my info down and the problems I was having and said she would give me a call. 3 hours later she calls me and says my clutch release bearing is on its' way out. Ok, that's fine I kinda knew that from before but it was a slight whine to it nothing I was concerned with. I went there to pick up the car because she was so convinced that was the answer. I have never experienced bad syncros or a really bad throw out bearing before so I accepted that fact. Paid 100 bucks for them to tell me that. Later during the day when I started to think more and more and more about it and reading online and on here. I can't seem to find my symptoms listed ANYWHERE to point to a bad throw out bearing being the cause of second and fifth gear grinding where it does. It's really bugging me. I knew the bearing is a wear and tear item so it is most defiantly not under warranty but I know the snychros are. I am going to phone again later today to ask if maybe she miss interpreted what I had said. Maybe she thought I said it was making a grinding noise at 4000 rpm not while I was shifting. Anyways, I would love to get someone else to provide me with some answers as I am out of them. I'm actually pretty good with fixing vehicles so I'm not oblivious to the car world and actually know a thing or two. So this is why it's bothering me. My gut says I'm right.
0 commentaires:
Enregistrer un commentaire